Tubing on the Davidson is a great experience. There are a few things you need to be aware of.
- River rocks can be sharp. If the water is low, carry your tube thru the shallows. Scrubbing along the bottom will pop your tube for sure.
- Wear sunscreen and river shoes
- Driving distances and tubing times are not the same. Every minute you drive will add up to 2 hours to your float time.
- Do not park your car at Dolly’s (either side of the road) or at Hawg Wild. If you do, you will get towed. Park your bottom car at Sycamore Flats. It is only about a 5 minute walk back for mom or dad from Dolly’s.
- The best way to do it is to take 2 cars. One to drop off at Sycamore Flats and one to take you to the starting spot you pick. If you only have one car, plan on doing 30 minute sections and move your car as you float down. Otherwise, it is a loooong walk back.
- Check out the map below for starting and stopping and parking spots. The map will also give you approximate float times. Times vary depending on water levels. The higher the water, the faster the trip.
- Get a dry bag or have some way to take your phone or camera for great river pictures.
- Share your float pics with us at www.facebook.com/pisgahforestgemmine